Volunteering for Imaginer
Imaginer relies on volunteers to provide bespoke, highest level services to NGO clients. Imaginer welcomes and appreciates three categories of volunteers:
(i) graduate students and post-graduates starting careers or new careers seeking to gain real experience and reinforce their cv during their study years (for a specified period and number of hours on a variety of projects)
(ii) professionals seeking to offer services (for a defined period on a project by project basis);
(iii) administrative and translation volunteers (either longer term time commitments or specified projects)
Benefits of volunteering with Imaginer
- Imaginer offers highest quality challenging volunteer assignments designed to provide professional experience and exposure to a range of issues, geographies, professionals and types of NGOs.
- Imaginer aims to tailor assignments to the volunteer’s unique interests and career objectives wherever possible.
- Imaginer aims to design concrete projects so volunteers see results and may include service to Imaginer on curriculum vitae.
- Imaginer provides committed, successful volunteers letters of reference when helpful for future employment.
- Imaginer projects may often be completed off-site at the volunteer’s home or office if preferable.
- Imaginer offers the highest standards of integrity and ethical practices.
Graduate students and post-graduates
Imaginer offers high level volunteer legal and business internship opportunities to advanced degree candidates or holders in law, business, international policy/development and related fields. Interns will gain both theoretical and hands-on experience in NGO consulting in a variety of areas that Imaginer addresses, with a focus on linking advanced studies to active, productive participation in the NGO world. Projects may often be tailored to suit an intern’s own interests and are designed to provide concrete results clearly describable on a CV and useful to graduate school and professional job application process.
The criteria for volunteering include the following:
- Enrollment in, or graduation from, a MSc, MA, MBA, J.D., PhD or other similar program in law, business, international policy/development/economics with excellent academic record
- Willingness to commit 6-10 hours per week regularly (completely flexible hours except when working with clients) for a minimum of 10 weeks Experience in business, law or the non-profit sector helpful Outstanding research skills (internet, library, interview)
- Foreign language skills (especially French) extremely helpful but not required
- Interest in creative, efficient problem solving
Imaginer provides professionals in the business, legal, policy, healthcare, government, and academic worlds opportunities to work on a project by project basis with an NGO and on particular issues related to their professional expertise.
Administrative and Translation
Imaginer has a wide range of on-going administrative and translation needs, as well as discrete projects. Imaginer has a particular need for native French speakers to translate documents from English to French and to draft memoranda and presentations in French. Administrative and translation work may often be completed off-site at the volunteer’s home or office.
The criteria for professional volunteers include:
- Expertise in an area of business, accounting, technology, law, or a particular nonprofit sector (e.g. healthcare or education)
- Willingness to commit to complete a particular project with a defined time commitment
- Willingness to abide by Imaginer’s policies
How to Apply
Candidates interested in volunteering for Imaginer are requested to send a Volunteer Application Form (imaginer-volunteer-recruitment-form) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.