My blog focuses on a range of topics addressing the relationship between ethics and success. This includes the relationship between ethics and strategic planning, governance, accountability, and risk management; one-off topics in the news; best practice; policy and organizational culture; and new developments internationally. The idea is to share not only my ideas, but also wisdom and creativity I learn from industry, experts, and academics from around the globe – in other words, from many of you. I will offer ideas for resource-efficient best practice above and beyond the law. I will also offer recommendations (and yours are welcome) on relevant resources and reading. The serious commentary will be combined with a collection of inspiring stories, quick anecdotes, and lessons learned from dedicated participants in the non-profit sector and business world internationally. In addition, in certain cases guest experts will blog on specific topics of expertise. In other words, my aim is international dialogue with exchange of best international practice and awareness of international issues and challenges in addition to personal commentary.
Key distinguishing features include:
- Internationally applicable content and views – pointing to country-specific matters as examples or lessons, drawing comparisons among different countries, and highlighting international developments
- First in class ethics, accountability and governance above and beyond legal requirements
- Sensitivity to the diversity of sizes of organizations, sectors of activity, and organizational cultures (including different corporate structures; different fund structures; and a variety of non-profit structures such as international NGOs, local grass roots organizations, foundations, and individual and institutional donors)
- Attention to the relationship among regulation, self-regulatory guidelines, and industry best practice
- Comments and recommendations for resources covering mainstream news, social media, industry communications and academic literature
- Respected guest commentators from the business world, the non-profit sector, government, civil society, and academia internationally
As always, I welcome your comments and questions and look forward to sharing ideas. Please join me in recommending, guest blogging, commenting on my commentary, sharing experiences, and sharing stories.
With thanks and best wishes,
© Copyright 2012 Susan Liautaud & Associates Limited. All rights reserved.