We occasionally post recommendations of reading and other materials we feel might be of interest. Please note that we do not necessarily agree with, and have not done due diligence on, these recommendations. However, we feel they contribute significantly to learning and various relevant debates.
- Steven M. Davidoff, “Humanitarian Effort in Congo Puts Wall St. Regulator in Unintended Role“. The New York Times, August 29, 2012.
- Philip G. Zimbardo, “The Psychology of Power To the Person? To the Situation? To the System?” in Moral Leadership The Theory and Practice of Power, Judgment, and Policy (ed. Deborah L. Rhode)
- Reforming Nigeria. A Conversation With Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala. Foreign Affairs. March/April 2014 Issue
- Is There a Seat at the Table for the Food and Beverage Industry in the Global Fight Against Obesity?. Council on Foreign Relations (Transcript). November 30, 2012.
- Richard D. Parsons and Marc A. Feigen, “The Boardroom’s Quiet Revolution“. Harvard Business Review. March 2014.
- Giving Well: The Ethics of Philanthropy. Patricia Illingworth, Thomas Pogge, and Leif Wenar (Oxford University Press, 2010)
- The Swerve: How the World Became Modern. Stephen Greenblatt (W. W. Norton & Company, 2011)
- Money Well Spent: A Strategic Plan for Smart Philanthropy. Hal Harvey and Paul Brest (Bloomberg Press, 2008)
- Giving 2.0: Transform Your Giving and Our World. Laura Arrillaga-Andreesen (John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2011)
- Civil Society, Philanthropy, and the Fate of the Commons. Bruce R. Sievers (Tufts University Press, 2010)
- The Time Paradox: The New Psychology of Time That Will Change Your Life. Philip Zimbardo, John Boyd (Free Press, 2008)
- The Lucifer Effect: Understanding How Good People Turn Evil. Philip Zimbardo (Random House Trade Paperback Edition, 2007)
- Reforming the Unreformable: Lessons from Nigeria. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala (MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 2012)
- First Principles: Five Keys to Restoring America’s Prosperity. John B. Taylor (John B. Taylor, 2012)
- Presidential Leadership and the Creation of the American Era. Joseph Nye (Princeton University Press, 2013)
- The Bankers’ New Clothes: What’s Wrong with Banking and What to Do about It. Anat Admati and Martin Hellwig (Princeton University Press, 2013)
- High Performance with High Integrity. Ben W. Heineman Jr (Harvard Business School Press, 2008)
- Stanford Social Innovation Review
- Independent Sector Statement of Values and Code of Ethics
- French Government’s Deontology Charter (in French)
- FCPA. A Resource Guide to the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act by the Criminal Division of the U.S. Department of Justice and the Enforcement Division of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (2012)
- Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, United Nations (2011)
- Documentary: The Dream is Now
- The Elie Wiesel Foundation Prize in Ethics
- The Social Progress Index 2014 Report
- 2013 National Business Ethics Survey, Ethics Resource Center